I have a few resolutions this year. I figured it was best to post them on my blog so that I can be held accountable ;)
1. Go running 3 times a week (or some other form of exercise) and train for a half marathon. I decided that I need a little better motivation other than Lance Armstrong congratulating me on my iPod after a good workout (anyone else have a Nike + iPod chip?) This year I want to actually train for something to help me stay in shape. I think a half marathon is a good goal.
2. Keep my desk clean and go through my mail more than once every two months. I really have serious issues with sorting my mail. I always check the mail to take out the important stuff, but I let my stack build up and then it takes forever to go through...so this year I am going to stay on top of this formidable task.
3. Read more. I have a stack of books next to my bed -- some for business and some for pleasure -- but it takes a long time for me to get through a book. I just don't ever make time for it.
4. Be less critical of myself (and others). I am especially critical of myself. I am not a perfect person, but who is? This year, I will give myself the benefit of the doubt. And, I will have more patience with others, even if they're doing something a different way than I would do it ;)
5. Photograph for myself, not my clients. I want to have at least one shoot a month that is strictly for my portfolio or to try something new. I want to push my creativity and think outside of the box.
6. Play the guitar more. I love playing the guitar. For some reason, I cannot play it consistently. I'll play for a few weeks or months and then I let work and other commitments get in the way. I want to devote more time to this because it's a great way to experess myself and it's wonderful release.
7. Live life. It's easy for me to worry too much, think too much, or work too much. I'm going to live in the present and just enjoy life!
Ok, that's all for now. Can't put down too many resolutions or I won't follow through on any of them ;)
Wednesday, January 02, 2008