Thursday, April 17, 2008

the Birds and the Trees

Photobucket

Last Saturday I spent an hour or so sitting in the same place on the same park bench, basking in the sun, enjoying great company, and snapping away. It was nice to attempt to see the same scene in more than just one way: noticing the dark tree branches against the light blue sky, a duck hopping on the water, and the way in which the light reflected on the water. What a glorious world we live in!

And, on a side note, I want to share a story about my Sunday afternoon:

We always eat Sunday dinner together as a family. It's a tradition. When my sister's family arrived, I was lounging in our big, double-wide recliner. Unexpectedly, my nephew Will handed me two afghan blankets. He then proceeded to give me a pillow. What a sweetheart, I thought. No sooner had I blinked before he brought me more pillows, pen and paper to draw with, 8 DVDs, my favorite book, a magazine, my hockey stick, my purse, and even hand sanitizer. He put everything he could think of in front of me for my ease, convenience, and comfort. Will melts my heart. What could've I have done to deserve such love and service?

I want to take the 'Will approach' into my business, so I am feverishly attempting to brainstorm some ideas of how I can make YOUR life more relaxing, enjoyable, and convenient. Any propositions are greatly appreciated :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Bethany Jackman said...

BEAUTY! I miss Saturday's weather. And I LOVE your new blog header!

Annie Jarman said...

I know this is going to sound totally stalkerish because I'm a lurker on your blog and you have no idea who I am, BUT I saw you at the park on Saturday! I leaned over to my husband and I said, "You see that girl on the park bench behind me with the camera? I think that's Stacy Young from Three Winks!" Anyway, I'm a fan and it was exciting for me to see you doing your thing. I love your photos. They are awesome. I was sort of taking photos, too, but nothing as good as yours. :)

threewinks said...

Thanks, Beth!

And, thank you Annie. It really makes my day when I found out someone looks at my blog regularly. So think how you made my day when I come to find that you saw me out shooting? Next time you see me, come say hi!

Annie Jarman said...

I will definitely come say hi if I see you again! Great job, again!